Friday 22 July 2011

Taking a step back...

Feeling like I am designing 3 different projects as I am using different shapes, representing each collection, for each section of the pop up shop... Whilst trying to design the whole structure so it is self supporting seems like a task too large for the timescale, and budget of the project. So I have looked back at simple pop up shops which could be more feasible...

One example I came across was the Hemmingway KiosKisok project (www.kioskiosk.co.uk)which is a type of pop up shop/market stall which designers can apply to use for free.
I have been trying to design a more complex shape... an entire new structure to make the pop up shop more interesting. However I do think that keeping the design more simple like this pop up shop/independent market stall by Hemmingway can be just as impressive and effective. The actual design of this is very simple in terms of its exterior and interior as many different designers will use this so the design needs to suit all kinds. As I am designing a pop up shop for one designer I can add a little more character and make the design more personal and specific to Liannas style.

Maybe the pop up shop could be based on the simple form of a market stall where there are 3 'walls' with an overhead shelter, leaving the front completely open so all products are on display without a whole enclosed structure concealing them... I still want this to be easily constructed and folded away for transportation... I would also like the design to be easily adapted to be located within a rented, interior, space for when Liannas fashion collections grow and more space is required. This adaptation could be quite simple such as using vinyl shapes for the window and disconnecting parts of the 'mini' pop up shop so there can be 3 clusters arranged within the space so that it doesn't just look like a glorified market stall sitting within a space...

1 comment:

  1. hi there I'm a deisgner and came across your post, really interested in this, as I need a popup stll for to show and sell my designs, can you help? pls mail me at graceyahweh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete