Tuesday 5 July 2011

Triangle meets square... Meets semi-circle...

Subtracting the square (with the added triangle) from the main triangle I added a long rectangular piece. This piece was too long to make the Play with Shapes section of the structure and cut this down to a square. As Lianna also uses circles as part of her designs in this collection I added a semi-circle to the net of the model.






Manipulating the new shapes into a new form resulted in some problems which I have indicated with purple lines on the first image below. Adding the square caused new tensions with the rest of the form which resulted in one of the edges bending. Another problem was that there was a straight line leading from the triangular base through the new semi-circle piece. I am aiming to create irregular angles and disrupted lines within the form which meant that this continuous line through two shapes was against my aim.



I amended the net of the form to solve these problems (see second image below). The form is becoming more interesting, I am intrigued as to how the various shapes will flow into one another. I will continue to experiment as it still has a long way to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment